Tuesday, January 09, 2007

OK--there's no easy way to do this, other than to just blurt it out. Betcha was killed in an auto accident last Thursday, Jan. 4th. I could give you details, if I had any, but would it make a difference? Not really. I cannot describe the hurt I feel. I am numb, I am emotionally worn down, and I am incredibly, incredibly sad. There is a slim chance that this is a hoax, but that would require some sick, cruel people to be involved, and I just don't see that happening. We still haven't seen a real confirmation of proof yet, but it seems to be true. There's nothing to prove that it's not, either.

Needless to say, we'll be suspending all HNT activities this week. Maybe not what she would have wanted, but I just can't do it. I have no energy to deal with it. If you came here to say "I'm up", I hope that you might take it down this week and bring it back next week.

For those of you who were close blogger pals with her (and I was fortunate enough to be one), you know that she kept her private life very private. Out of respect for that privacy, I'm not going to give you her name, town or even a link to her site. You'll just have to trust me that I'm not yanking your chain. Her husband knows nothing about her site, and that's the way it should be. No condolences, no flowers, no cards. He doesn't know we exist.

That makes it a little more difficult for some of you, I know. Many of you keep your sites secret from your spouses, and it's going to be difficult to explain to them why you're sad and crying. I'm keeping this post up through the end of the week. Feel free to leave comments here for each other. It may be the only way to console each other.

Those who had the pleasure of chatting/emailing/talking with her know that she was a little bit naughty, always fun-loving, and a woman who loved her husband dearly. She was an avid fan of HNT, MG, and the anon site, participating multiple times in each. She made dozens of friends online, and I think was truly liked by all. For those of you who didn't know her closely, she and her husband just celebrated their first wedding anniversary just before Christmas. Many of you didn't know she was married--you just didn't ask her. He had just changed his job so that he could spend the nights at home instead of away. They were talking about having kids. They had just leveled ground for the new home they were about to build. These were two people whose life together was still in the "new" stage.

The "we" I mention above was her best online friend, No One In Particular, who was originally emailed the news on Monday. Presumably by the person Betcha entrusted with destroying her hard drive in the event of a moment like this (remember those posts?). No One immediately got ahold of me in disbelief, and we both spent the better part of the day looking for proof. Please don't contact either of us for more information, because you're getting as much as either of us know. And frankly, we're both drained. You can read her account on her site. If more becomes available, I'll add it here as an edit.

I struggled with the idea of posting a picture of her face. But dammit, she was an attractive lady. She came close with bits and pieces, but never posted the full picture herself. We decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea. So here she is, the girl we'll never get to see again, with a quote that she left on another site at the end of 2006.

Betchacantguesswho - 1982-2007
"Left foot ahead of the right, now the right foot ahead of the left, repeat.
If you're looking back, you're likely to miss something ahead of you."

And that's the way she really was. Always looking ahead. Betcha--I hope you're looking down, smiling on all of us! You were a great friend and a wonderful chat buddy. I'm going to miss you like crazy... Goodbye, my dear friend...

122 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My most sincere condolences to you and to all those who knew her...

January 9, 2007 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

tear.

January 10, 2007 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger O30T said...

OMG ... Os I am so very sorry to hear this terribly sad news!

My condolences to you, NoOne and every one else that knew Betcha.

*sob*

January 10, 2007 at 1:44 AM  
Blogger Phain said...

.......

*sob*

January 10, 2007 at 4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am speechless. I m so sorry for your pain Os and for all of those who were close to her. I wasn't close to her but I read her blog quite frequently. Its always a tragedy to see someone so young and vital ripped from life but I can only pray that the beliefs of afterlife which so many of us share is true.

January 10, 2007 at 4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Os. I didn't "know" her, but I certainly recognize her name. It's amazing how close we can become to people we've never met in person.

Love you sweets.

January 10, 2007 at 4:51 AM  
Blogger Blonde said...

So sad.

January 10, 2007 at 6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I can't believe it. I was chatting with her over my holidays....

This is a terrible terrible thing.. :(

This was a good Memorial Os!

January 10, 2007 at 7:02 AM  
Blogger Josh T said...

The interesting reality of the new world is that we can be close to and know more people and be touched by more people than ever before. When you simply think of the weekly interactions on the anon site, it's amazing the number of people who "know" each other but yet have never met.

It is always so horrible to hear that a beautiful life has been taken from us. Although I never knew her, by what I have read on everyone's blogs, she was quite an amazing person. I wish all who are grieving her loss nothing but comfort and compassion in these trying times.

Josh

January 10, 2007 at 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Os! I've been wondering why my friend hasn't been around to chat with me everyday. I've missed her dearly. Even though we lived in different states we would chat everyday. We would go shopping online together and dream about vacations that we would take. We had even begun to plan a Girls Night Out weekend here in Atlanta. I was supposed to meet her in March for the first time. I can't believe that she is gone...

Betcha,

I love you sweetie and I will miss your smile and how you always made me happy when we talked. You were a wonderful friend! I will pray for your family.

Love,

Jen

January 10, 2007 at 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

words escape me
...she will be missed...
:(

January 10, 2007 at 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...my...god...

no...

January 10, 2007 at 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This terrible news has really saddened and shocked me this morning. I really don't know what to say. She was a wonderful, beautiful and intelligent woman. We chatted, emailed and were from the same state. She will certainly be missed.

January 10, 2007 at 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I haven't talked to her in like a week but I had gotten pretty close to her as well. =( How horrible. OMG........

January 10, 2007 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

Hey Big guy, I didn't "know" her either but certainly saw her name floating 'round the blogosphere and especially HNT. I am so sorry that you've lost someone you cared for as well as for all of her friends and loved ones.

If there is anything I can do just let me know.

January 10, 2007 at 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never really got to know her, but like many read her blog regularly. Sadly I cant even remember leaving a comment. Now I pray that I had, at least one.

I was told at a very young age, that went the lord walks the garden to pick a rose, he chooses the most beautiful one he can find. A lesson I have sadly learned seems Oh so true.

I will miss her Wit, her wisdom, and her words.

To those of you who will miss even more of her, I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

January 10, 2007 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Sheets said...

Os, I just can't believe it. How terrible and tragic.

I'm thinking about you, No One and all Betcha's online friends who will certainly miss her.

January 10, 2007 at 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry, Os, and for all of you who were her friends. So young, so loved.

So hard.

January 10, 2007 at 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for everyones loss. I wish I had something inspiring, deep and magical to say to make all of the hurt go away, but all I feel is sad.

Betcha will be missed and never forgotten.

January 10, 2007 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

How awful.

January 10, 2007 at 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Os. I simply have no more words.

January 10, 2007 at 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how terribly terribly sad, O's. My thoughts are with all who knew and loved her.

January 10, 2007 at 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont even know what to say.. I just chatted with her around Christmas. Sigh..

So so sad..

January 10, 2007 at 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does it seem the brightest stars we are blessed with are always taken away????

I'm not sure either but I've heard that if you look up into a clear night sky they are all there.

And just as Os has wished, this bright star is actually there, waiting to see him looking up for her as she looks down at him.

January 10, 2007 at 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that really sucks
js

January 10, 2007 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

I can't say as we ever chatted but I visited her site thru MG's. My deepest condolences to all who knew her.

And while I'm at it, I'll take a moment to thank to all those who have become my friend thru this medium, my life is better for knowing y'all as many peoples was for knowing Betcha.

Excellent piece Os, you're a great guy.

January 10, 2007 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Os...

I am at a loss for words.....

This is horrible...


I am so sorry. My condolences go out to her friends and family.

January 10, 2007 at 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very sorry...

January 10, 2007 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger RobynB said...

How incredibly sad

January 10, 2007 at 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very sad. Her comments on my HNTs (when I was a regular) were always warm... yes a little naughty... but always with a sense of fun and whimsey. That I will keep and think of her with a smile.

January 10, 2007 at 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry :(

January 10, 2007 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

:(

January 10, 2007 at 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss Os, she will be missed...

January 10, 2007 at 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually just started reading her blog after Os's mystery guest post of her. I have checked her blog daily and wondered where she was. This is terrible no one deserves to die so young

January 10, 2007 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Fermus said...

So sorry to hear this-terrible. My prayers to all she touched.

January 10, 2007 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

Truly sad, she had an interesting wit.

January 10, 2007 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

I was shocked when I heard this news yesterday. Such a beautiful young woman with her whole life ahead of her and now she is gone. I can't imagine the heartbreak her husband must be feeling. My condolences to everyone that was close to her or just knew her from her blog.

I was one of the lucky ones to know Betcha just a bit more than most, but not nearly as well as you Os, or No One. We only chatted a few times, but her naughtiness and wonderful sense of humor shined through in her words. I will miss her.

I was taken a back when I saw that Betcha was born the same year as my son, who fortunately, is sitting in his room as I type this. I need to go give him a hug.

January 10, 2007 at 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a new participant in HNT, I didn't have the pleasure of getting to know her but she sounded lovely. I'm so sorry to hear this news, my thoughts are with everyone who is feeling this loss.

January 10, 2007 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger The Guy in the Back said...

As others have stated, I din't know her as well as some, but we read each others blogs and swapped comments almost on almost every post. She will be missed. My thoughts are with all who knew her, online and off.

Os, you did a great job with this memorium. The quote is so befitting of the moment. Thanks.

January 10, 2007 at 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farewell my friend :(

January 10, 2007 at 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and all the flags are at half mast...she is laughing...I know it...

*I love you betcha*

January 10, 2007 at 5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Very sad. It's amazing that the death of someone I never met and only knew through this wonderful community of HNT, a community that you created out of thin air Os, can affect us. But, it will. I'm grateful to be part of this virtual community of strange and talented bloggers, and to have had interacted even slightly with Betcha. That's a definition of community, of family, to feel a loss of someone I've never even met. Very sad.

January 10, 2007 at 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and betcha I was supposed to meet you in march, I love you.

January 10, 2007 at 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I did not know her as so many other blogs did, I did enjoy visiting her blog and she will be missed by so many. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

January 10, 2007 at 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Os.
I am so sorry to hear about this terrible loss.
I didn't know her but I did recognize her name from reading others blogs.
My thoughts are with her friends and family.
(((hug)))

January 10, 2007 at 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We lost our daughter in a car accident 3 years ago... Os I am touched beyond belief for that girl and her family with your words. You have such a way with them, I didnt "know" her and I still felt connected with her via your post... bless you Os... sweet kind words.

I lit a candle in memory tonight....

January 10, 2007 at 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to her family and friends. That's terrible news.

::Big hug::

January 10, 2007 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger S said...

I am so sorry for this loss everyone, and for your pain, I know she will be missed.

So sorry...

January 10, 2007 at 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just shocked.... Heart breaking news. Love & prayers to her family...
Shine bright new star.

January 10, 2007 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Roxi said...

I am in shock.. I just was told..

I feel like the carpet has been yanked out from under me..

love and support to everyone else...

I just..

dont know what to say.

January 10, 2007 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger Pause said...

I didn't know Betcha but she must have been a really great person from the way it has hit everyone in the blog circles.

I really wish I had. My condolences to everyone.

January 10, 2007 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Os I am so sorry to hear this . I didn't know her but still it is a sad thing to happen. I was here to say "I'm up" but I am taking mine down now . I send prayers to all of you who knew her. HUGS.

January 10, 2007 at 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Os, while I didn't know Betcha, I send out my thoughts and prayers for her family and friends and the HNT community who are grappling with the loss. I'm so sorry.

January 10, 2007 at 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This can not be! I am blown away!

January 10, 2007 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger The Melody Censor said...

though I did not know her but through reputation, her sparkle will be missed...

January 10, 2007 at 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have seen her name and her visited her blog a few times. She obviously will be very missed by so many.

January 10, 2007 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Mark Leslie said...

What a terrible tragedy. Pausing for a moment of silence, a tear and a smile in remembering a special lady who touched so many people who never had the privilege to get to know her better.

A touching tribute, Scott. My deepest condolences.

January 10, 2007 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger otilius said...

What a great tribute! It's always sad when someone so young and full of life gets taken suddenly.
No, I didn't know her or those who knew her but I feel for your loss and the loss to all the bloggers who did, too.

January 10, 2007 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

I'm sorry, my thoughts are with you all.

January 10, 2007 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

wow, so sad, i was here to visit the earlier posting hnt's...so sorry.

January 10, 2007 at 10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only knew her through her comments on other blogs and the occasional drive-by to hers, but I could tell she had spirit. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

January 10, 2007 at 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, this really got to me. I have just been with the love of my life for a little while and cannot imagine finding out this kind of news. I will hold her a little tighter tonight.

January 10, 2007 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

SO sorry to hear of this. So sad.

January 10, 2007 at 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.
My thoughts and prayers are with those who knew and loved her.

January 10, 2007 at 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sending my hugs, my thoughts and my prayers. I am so saddened to hear this. As i try to remember everyday should be special as we don't know if it shall be our last.

My prayers for her family and friends.

Kisses and hugs to you Os.

January 10, 2007 at 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an absolute tragedy. I will be keeping her family and friends in my prayers tonight. Rest in peace, dear Betcha.

January 11, 2007 at 12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss and the loss of so many others who knew her — in analog life and online.

January 11, 2007 at 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss and for all her freinds and family.

January 11, 2007 at 2:57 AM  
Blogger Polt said...

I know her only from the comments she left. My deepest sympathies to all her truly knew her. She'll be missed.

HUGS to all...

January 11, 2007 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

I am so sorry to hear this.

January 11, 2007 at 4:37 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

I'm in total shock! I can't believe this, I'm so sorry and my condolences go out to all her friends and family.

A sad loss to us all.

January 11, 2007 at 4:40 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

So young.......

It's always the good ones who seem to go early. A sad day indeed and even though he will never read any of this I wish her husband well in dealing with such a blow. I only hope he has friends and family around him to help him get through it all.

January 11, 2007 at 5:21 AM  
Blogger lime said...

what a terrible tragedy for one so young to be snatched away. my deepest condolences to those who knew her well and are grieving deeply at this time.

January 11, 2007 at 5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was shocked when i read this post

my deepest sympathy to all who have been touched by her life

January 11, 2007 at 6:04 AM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

Truly a very sad and dark day. A touching tribute and well spoken. Our thoughts and prayers to all who knew her, loved her and will miss her.

January 11, 2007 at 6:40 AM  
Blogger The Middle Child said...

She was beautiful. I will say a little prayer for her husband and family.

January 11, 2007 at 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Os,

I am so sorry to read this. So very, very sorry. I am just so struck by all the loss around us.

Is it just me, or is it happening more and more???

xoxo,
Bug

January 11, 2007 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger erika said...

So sorry

My thoughts are with her family and friends

January 11, 2007 at 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O insupportable and touching loss!

January 11, 2007 at 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful woman and what a special way to remember her.

My sincerest condolences to all her friends and family.

January 11, 2007 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Suck Me said...

A life cut so short :(
RIP Betcha!

January 11, 2007 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

What a beautiful post. My condolences..

January 11, 2007 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

:*(

January 11, 2007 at 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is heartbreaking news.

Could I make a suggestion? I don't believe she had ever posted a picture of her "true identity" and though you've written a beautiful tribute to her that I know she would love, I'm not sure she'd be comfortable with the huge number of people that visit your site on Thursdays seeing her picture, especially as 'no one' has linked her over on her own site. As you said, Betcha was quite a private person and her husband was unaware of blog. I think Betcha would like to keep it that way. Just my thoughts.

My heart goes out to you and everyone who knew her.

January 11, 2007 at 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know Betcha beyond this site and her site but i do share the grief with everyone. very, very sad.

January 11, 2007 at 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's me--felicity--up above, accidentally anonymous.

January 11, 2007 at 8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to have read this.

Hugs to you, Os. I'm sure this was a terrible shock to you and all who knew her.

January 11, 2007 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I only emailed her a few times, really didn't know her but I feel so terrible.

January 11, 2007 at 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've known Betcha for a few years. I met her around the same time as NoOne and we all used to talk for hours every day. Over the past year or so I didn't talk to Betcha (or NoOne) nearly as much but they both stayed in my thoughts. I have such sadness for Betcha as well as for her husband and family. Stay strong NoOne, she loved your friendship and you meant the world to her.

I'll never forget her love of life and her devotion to friends and family. Rest in Peace beautiful.

Dave

January 11, 2007 at 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know this community existed. The tributes are all so moving. I wish I had known this lady's blog.

January 11, 2007 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

wishing you

peace...

January 11, 2007 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger SG said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and with her friends and family.

January 11, 2007 at 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been out of the HNT loop for a while now and while I never new Betcha my heart goes out to those of you who did. I really can say any more than what's already been said. Hugs to everyone.

January 11, 2007 at 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've made a small tasteful animated graphic of her quote in memorial if anyone would like to have it. They were beautiful words from a beautiful person.

*Click here for Betcha's Quote*

Its going in my post today as well.
It in imageshack so you're welcome to direct link it if you wish to use it on your blogs.

January 11, 2007 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear this.
I didn't really know her v. well, but she was a star in our cosmos & will be missed.

I'll post a memorial for her right now.

*hugs* to Os & everyone who knew her

January 11, 2007 at 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I didn't know her as well as some - I've done a memorial post for her as well.

January 11, 2007 at 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting this, and for the picture --- "Party in a Ponytail" was right. What a wonderful funny, witty, beautiful woman.

It's one of the great tragedies of online friendships that we usually don't know much more about each other than a link or an e-mail address. NOTE TO ALL --- please think about getting to know some of your online friends better, so that you don't feel as helpless as a lot of us do today. Having to grieve by hitting "delete" on your only link to one of your friends pretty much sucks.

My thoughts are with her husband, family, and all of you who knew her much better than I.

XO

January 11, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could've known her. i'm sorry i never got a chance to. but most of all, i'm sorry she isn't able to touch so many lives thru her blog anymore like she did.

my sincerest condolences.

January 11, 2007 at 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JeannieGrrl - thanks for that lil Gif you've done. I've added it to my blog in a section of my links, simply naming it: Remember...

Good work! ;)

January 11, 2007 at 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tribute post up
it's not much....

January 11, 2007 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

Like many others, I didn't know her personally, but I certainly knew OF her, just be being aroung the blogosphere. Her screen name for some reason always made me smile.

It's amazing how very incredibly sad I feel at this moment...

January 11, 2007 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Not only is this news incredibly sad, it's also terribly sad that her husband will never know of her friends on the internet. It's sad that he will never know a part of her life.

I know if it were my wife who died, I would love to have some 'new' part of her life revealed to me. It would feel like I had been given some more time with her.

January 11, 2007 at 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sincerest condolences to her family and all who knew and were, undoubtedly, positively changed and influenced by her. And I know in my heart of hearts that your treatment of the situation and selected method of honoring her are exactly what Betcha would've wanted and leaves her smiling over you now.

xoxo
Tara

January 11, 2007 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger tm said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of this beautiful young woman. But I keep thinking how lucky she was to have been loved so much, by all of you. And by your words I have read today, through out our blog world, she had given as much love as she recieved. My thoughts and prayers are with all her family and friends.
I am sorry for your loss.

January 11, 2007 at 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathies go out to all who knew her.

January 11, 2007 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

An amazing tribute Os. I so wish I would have known her, I am so sorry!

January 11, 2007 at 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know her, but I am extremely sorry for your loss. You wrote an amazing tribute and I'm sure she's looking down on you.

I'll keep her close friends and family in my thoughts and prayers <3

January 11, 2007 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

Her family will be in my thoughts and prayers. This is so sad.

January 11, 2007 at 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolances to all that knew her. I didn't, and after reading some of her blog, she was an amazing person. Thank you for the memories.

January 11, 2007 at 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never quite know what to say at times like this.
How do you fill the void left when a friend is taken from our world.
Words never seem to say what is felt.
I can feel the words of those who knew and loved her and called her friend.
To her friends and family who mourn her I send prayers of healing and comfort.
To this beautiful young lady may you be wrapped in light and love.
tc

January 11, 2007 at 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got my number, I'm here and my prayers are with Betcha and her family. Love ya big guy!

January 11, 2007 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger ... said...

i'm so sorry honey.

January 11, 2007 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Dallas Meow said...

so very very sorry.

January 11, 2007 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

So very sorry.

No words.

January 11, 2007 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger yournamehere said...

You, her family and friends, and everyone who knew her are in my thoughts and prayers.

January 11, 2007 at 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all been said, but the sadness remains...

Thoughts and prayers...

January 11, 2007 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

I did not know her, but the quote you picked will stay with me always. You have a big heart, Os. You know where I am if you need a hug in cyberspace.

January 11, 2007 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger The Fury said...

My whispered condolences to her family. So sad.

January 12, 2007 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Os, this was a wonderful tribute, and I cried the whole way through it.
It truly is a sad thing.
Big hugs to you my friend.
~xo

January 13, 2007 at 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awful! So sorry to return to this page to find tis posted. Virtual hugs to those of you who were lucky enough to know her better than I did.

January 13, 2007 at 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{Hugs}} to you and bethcha's family, a very tragic story one that, no one should ever go through. If it helps any I've lost some one close to me a three years ago her birthday is the day after tomorrow.

It's memories and moments that stay with us, no one can ever take that away. May you find healing, along life's tender moments.
S.R.

January 14, 2007 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger ShyRocket said...

How very sad a loss for the world, her family and husband, for the blogging community. I extend my deepest sympathy for those grieving at this time.

"Live each day as if it were your last, and blog as though you will live forever."

January 16, 2007 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home